In this rapidly changing environment, we wanted to reach out and let you know that Lugarno FC as a club are first and foremost thinking of the health and safety of all our players, coaches, managers, parents, families and supporters.
The FFA has today, Monday 16th March 2020, confirmed all community football can continue at this stage.
Tuesday 17th March 2020 and Thursday 19th March 2020 we will be getting further advice from FFA, Football NSW and the SGFA in relation to the situation and we will update you accordingly.
As of Monday, 16th of March, we have introduced the following new protocols and guidelines for training and any upcoming trial games.
- If your child displays any symptoms of being unwell, please do not bring them to training or games. If this is the case, please let the coach or manager know.
- All training, and upcoming trial games against Sylvania on the 22nd of March are still going ahead at this stage.
- When at training, players should avoid unnecessary contact including shaking hands or high-5’ing. There should be no hugging or leaning on each other when waiting in line to do drills. Please maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters (one big step!) between players, coaches and managers.
- Exercise commonsense, keep hygiene standards high, regular washing of hands and or use hand sanitisers. Do not share water bottles, clothing or towels under any circumstances.
- If a player becomes unwell during a game or training or displays signs that they are not well, they need to be removed from the activity immediately. Any unwell player needs to stay away from the team until they have been cleared by a medical practitioner.
Any person that enters Australia now has to go onto a 14-day self-isolation period. From Sunday 15 March if any player has travelled overseas and returns to Australia they MUST NOT attend training or games for 14 days.
If any player has come into close contact with anyone who has been identified as contracting COVID-19 virus, or they have indeed been diagnosed with the virus, they must self isolate and inform Lugarno FC immediately.
Lugarno FC is monitoring the situation closely. As more advice comes from NSW Health, FFA, FNSW or SGFA, it will be shared immediately. Please visit Lugarnofc.com.au or follow us on Facebook as we will be keeping you posted via these channels.
Please be patient with us as we navigate through this peculiar time.
The measures Lugarno FC are introducing are common sense precautions that would also apply in the case of an outbreak of the common flu.
If you have any questions please contact me or your team manager ASAP, and we will do everything we can to help.