Trials for Lugarno FC Football Focus & NextGEN will be held on the November 7th & 14th, 2020 at Trafalgar St, Peakhurst Park (Synthetic Field).
Football Focus is Lugarno Football Club’s player development program, the most comprehensive player development program across the St.George Football Association. The program covers the under 8 to under 11 age groups and gives players the SAP experience for a fraction of the cost. It is run by UEFA – A Licensed coach Dejan Lukic.
NextGen is the next step in Lugarno FC’s junior player development journey covering the age groups of under 12’s to under 16’s. The coaching support-based model works under the premise of creating a coaching support structure for all teams graduating from Lugarno Football Club’s Football Focus program. Each team graduating from the Football Focus program will enter the NextGen phase and receive coaching support from our UEFA - A Licensed coach Dejan Lukic and his team, whilst they compete in the SGFA junior A grade competitions.
More information, please visit our Player development page
The ‘Katie White Round’ held at Gannons Park saw Katie being admitted into the ranks of Lugarno FC Life Membership, having become the first female to be awarded the prestigious honour for playing service.
Katie has been playing for LFC for 25 years.
This outstanding contribution to the Club was acknowledged with LFC organising the special Katie round.
Present were socially distanced LFC Life Members, players, team officials, supporters and representatives of the football community.
In recognition of Katie’s contributions to the Club, Club President Hagop announced the introduction from season 2021 of a new club perpetual trophy – the Katie White trophy. The new trophy will cover emerging and aspiring junior female players as Katie is and will continue to be a role model to inspire them.
Katie was presented with her Life Members badge and a special framed jersey featuring her first playing jersey and the current one, including pics from her junior and current teams.
Sydney FC generously donated an ‘Ultimate Match Day Experience’ package for season 2021, at her choice of an A League or W League match.
The COVID-19 outbreak has clearly affected us all.
That said, we are sure you would all agree and appreciate, we all play our part in minimising its spread so as to bring it under control as soon as practically possible. Parallel to all government and community announcements about ‘social distancing’, good hygiene practices, football and indeed all sport has a role to play amongst our members and all involved in the game.
To this end, today our National Governing Body, Football Federation Australia (FFA) has released an updated Circular (Circular No 20-06), suspending all community football activities (i.e. below A-League and W-League), effective from 12:00am on 18 March 2020, all sanctioned grassroots football activity in Australia will be suspended until 14 April 2020.
To view a copy of Circular No 20-06 please click here.
What does this mean for our Association, our competitions/leagues and your clubs ?
- Effective immediately, all games, training and other football activities must cease; until 14 April at the earliest.
- Where possible, unnecessary meetings and other gatherings should either cease or be minimised. We suggest that you look to alternative forms of meeting (teleconferences) or by utilising other forms of technology (e.g. Skype).
- No competitions will commence at this stage and the St George Football Association is currently working on a revised competition structure based on this directive. A meeting with Club Presidents is scheduled for this Thursday 19th March, where an update will be provided and discussed.
- Any football activity which takes place during this period is not sanctioned by the Association nor Football NSW and, therefore, the Personal Accident insurance cover that is provided as part of a player’s registration may not apply
As you would appreciate, we are working with our state governing body, Football NSW, who is in turn constantly liaising with FFA and relevant government agencies, and everyone is committed to keeping you informed and up to date in these rapidly changing times.
In this rapidly changing environment, we wanted to reach out and let you know that Lugarno FC as a club are first and foremost thinking of the health and safety of all our players, coaches, managers, parents, families and supporters.
The FFA has today, Monday 16th March 2020, confirmed all community football can continue at this stage.
Tuesday 17th March 2020 and Thursday 19th March 2020 we will be getting further advice from FFA, Football NSW and the SGFA in relation to the situation and we will update you accordingly.
As of Monday, 16th of March, we have introduced the following new protocols and guidelines for training and any upcoming trial games.
- If your child displays any symptoms of being unwell, please do not bring them to training or games. If this is the case, please let the coach or manager know.
- All training, and upcoming trial games against Sylvania on the 22nd of March are still going ahead at this stage.
- When at training, players should avoid unnecessary contact including shaking hands or high-5’ing. There should be no hugging or leaning on each other when waiting in line to do drills. Please maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters (one big step!) between players, coaches and managers.
- Exercise commonsense, keep hygiene standards high, regular washing of hands and or use hand sanitisers. Do not share water bottles, clothing or towels under any circumstances.
- If a player becomes unwell during a game or training or displays signs that they are not well, they need to be removed from the activity immediately. Any unwell player needs to stay away from the team until they have been cleared by a medical practitioner.
Any person that enters Australia now has to go onto a 14-day self-isolation period. From Sunday 15 March if any player has travelled overseas and returns to Australia they MUST NOT attend training or games for 14 days.
If any player has come into close contact with anyone who has been identified as contracting COVID-19 virus, or they have indeed been diagnosed with the virus, they must self isolate and inform Lugarno FC immediately.
Lugarno FC is monitoring the situation closely. As more advice comes from NSW Health, FFA, FNSW or SGFA, it will be shared immediately. Please visit Lugarnofc.com.au or follow us on Facebook as we will be keeping you posted via these channels.
Please be patient with us as we navigate through this peculiar time.
The measures Lugarno FC are introducing are common sense precautions that would also apply in the case of an outbreak of the common flu.
If you have any questions please contact me or your team manager ASAP, and we will do everything we can to help.
Coaches and managers meeting to be held on Thursday 12 March 2020 at 8. 15pm.Venue Changed to Our Lady of Fatima Church Hall Forest Rd, Peakhurst.
At the meeting Coaches will receive their team sheets, other important information and be welcomed to the 2020 football season.
Lugarno FC is proud to announce the third and final trial for Lugarno FC’s 2020 player development program Football Focus will be taking place at Peakhurst Park 5 synthetic field from 5.30pm on the Tuesday evening 11th February 2020.
Please check the age groups below for session times and make sure you register your son/daughter for the trials.
- Under 8’s: 5.30 pm – 6.15 pm
- Under 9’s: 6.15 pm – 7.00 pm
- Under 10’s: 7.00 pm – 7.45 pm
- Under 11’s: 7.45 pm – 8.30 pm
Players will be selected for the Football Focus teams for season 2020 and notified by Friday 14th February 2020.
All players participating in the Football Focus trials need to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled session time.
Shin pads and football boots must be worn for the trials.